Sunday 29 January 2012

Sound - Foleying


For my teaser trailer an important factor for increasing the tension is the sound I want to use which has meant that foleying is an essential part of my production. Foley is a term that describes the process of live recording of sound effects which can be seen in the picture above where I have recorded the live sound effects of a moving mouse and the typing on a keyboard. These sounds will then be added in post production to enhance the audio for films, however, I have also used the HD camera to record shots of my hands clicking the mouse as well as typing whilst I record the sound. These shots will possibly be added to the final teaser trailer so the sound of the keyboard and the mouse are identifiable because the audience will visualise the sounds being made.


The device I have used to do this is a marantz professional handheld recorder (PMD620) which has an inbuilt stereo condenser microphone perfect for recording high quality sounds. I also used my headphones to plug into the device to get a better idea on any other background noises that might have spoilt the recordings.

No comments:

Post a Comment