Wednesday 11 January 2012

Exhibition for Movie Poster

I have researched into exhibition for my movie poster and below are some photo examples I have taken on my phone as well as found online:


The back of a magazine: Taking this exhibition route would completely depend on the type of magazine. As with my magazine cover I have borrowed the interests in fashion and beauty to capture the attention of my audience. Considering the type of magazine I wanted my film to feature on would also be the case if I were to place my movie poster in a magazine. I would have to look at magazines with a readership that is predominantly female but that also provide the advert space for upcoming movies - this could include the type of magazine featured in the photo which happened to be a TV Guide or other magazines such as lifestyle or celebrity/gossip magazines.


A bus shelter: This particular form of outdoor advertising is usually seen in urban areas, especially within cities.  The perks of using this as a form of exhibition would be the 24 hour illumination of the poster ensuring that my advertisement is seen all day and night to whomever is walking past which as well as public transport users will be those just walking down the street.


On a bus: A huge difference with placing a movie poster on the side of a bus is the dramatic change to the dimensions - it becomes a narrow rectangular landscape poster or motif. The perks of this advertising is the fact it can travel long distances making it visible for a wide variety of people however the travelling aspect can bring about disadvantages in the fact transit adverts only draw a few seconds of the readers time.

My poster exhibition: I have chosen to create a movie poster that is suitable for outdoor advertising such as bus shelters as it works on the advertising principle of ''frequency'' and a number of people are likely to see the advertisement multiple times on a regular basis - this ingrains the message which is more likely to influence the idea of a two-step-flow of communication; opinion leaders who see my advertisement are likely to bring up the film in conversation. The poster I use for a bus shelter will also be suitable for the back of a magazine as well as in a cinema creating a cohesive advertisement campaign if my target audience see these different means of exhibition. Using the same posters in different means of exhibition creates repeated exposure for my target audience increasing the chances that the release of the film is ingrained in the audiences mind.

UPDATE: I have just become aware of another route of exhibition that would be perfect for my film. As an independent film extensive advertising in the form of billboards and magazines (except independent film magazines) could be considered out of reach. As well as the routes I have discussed above another more affordable idea I had was...


Public Restrooms: Another idea which I think seems well suited to my campaign is in public restrooms, examples of this close to me are toilets in our cinema complex 'Odeon' as well as our shopping centres. In the case of a cinema it would attract audiences of similar films who are using the toilets and in the case of shopping centres for my predominantly female target audience it would work well by drawing in the interests of young females.

No comments:

Post a Comment