Tuesday 1 November 2011

Postmodern References Market Research

To ensure I wasn’t referencing/paying homage to styles that would not be recognised by my target audience I conducted some market research. I asked them two questions, one asking them if they would recognise a reference to George Orwell’s Room 101 and another asking them if they would recognise fly on the wall style angles from Reality TV/Documentaries such as Big Brother and Channel 4’s The Family. As you can see from the question and their tallies I have put together from the results below the majority from my target group sample said they would not recognise the references to ‘Room 101’ but they would recognise the fly on the wall angles I want to use.




Conclusion: This market research has altered my decisions in what I want to reference and whilst I will continue to borrow interest into reality TV by ensuring that they recognise the fly on the wall style it is clear that the reference to Room 101 as a House No. would be lost to the majority of my target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment