Friday 4 November 2011

Questionnaire Results - Exhibition

I sampled my questionnaire with a group of 100 (50 male/50 female) that suited the target age I was intially going for which is 18-30 and then plotted the results into individual pie charts so I could look at the answers as a percentage. I haven't plotted results for each gender as I could see from my results as frequency charts that the most popular answers were agreed with both males and females. 

The first question from my questionnaire that I wanted to focus on was where my target audience actually watched most of their films? The outcome was that 36% of the results watched the majority of their films at the cinema followed by TV then DVD being the most popular forms of watching Films. The least popular format for watching films was online via sites such as YouTube, Channel 4 and LoveFilm.


However, when asking how often my target audience go to the cinema the majority (at 35%) only went once every few months. But altogether 53% went at least once a month or more including 12% that went once a week. 


A really important question I asked my target audience was where they view trailers the most; this came back as a majority (32%) watching them via YouTube as well as 18% watching them at the cinema. Formats such as DVD, TV and online Trailer Websites were less popular.


 I also wanted to confirm with my target audience that trailers shown before a film persuaded them to see the feature length film. As you can see 86% said that this was.



Conclusion


These results have confirmed the formats of exhibition that would be most suited for my trailers.

With a majority of my target audience watching films at Cinema I notice that this is one of the most popular routes to take for exhibiting a trailer. As well as this the results came back that the trailers that my target audience view before a film whether it's on DVD, at the Cinema or via online methods do persuade them to see the entire film if including the qualities that attract them the most.

However, when asking people where they view most trailers the most popular method was YouTube which hints that perhaps those out of my target audience that are avid cinema-goers either don't pay attention to the trailers or arrive after the majority of trailers have finished.

2 comments:

  1. excellent

    to enhance grade consider comparing your results with what the bfi Y11 review doc suggests

    ReplyDelete
  2. also i bet your target age is not really 1 year old!!

    ReplyDelete