Thursday 17 November 2011

Script Ideas

Here I want to make note of the intial ideas I had over what speech I want to have during my teaser trailer.

My first idea was to start my teaser trailer with a either my studio logo or a black screen accompanied by the speech between the producer of the Reality TV show and the woman he asking to be a part of it...

Producer: ''I'm creating a new reality show.''
Woman: ''OK?''
Producer: ''I want you to be a part of it..''

I feel that this sums up the key theme of what the film is about at the same time as creating alot of intrigue because it is only speech over a black screen meaning the focus is entirely on what they are saying. This is a similar technique to that used at the beginning of I Am Legend where you can hear the speech of the characters but on screen is the studio logos.

Initially I wanted the majority of the teaser (i.e the middle section) to be based on visuals so certain shots that give hints to the storyline whilst being accompanied by the increasing speed of sound from either computer clicks, keyboard noise or the sound of electronical computers to represent the technological side behind the reality show for example the huge amount of editing that goes into it.

My next idea for speech was towards the end of the teaser...

Woman: (screaming) ''This is not what i signed up for!''
Producer: (shouting) ''This is exactly what you signed up for, it's a reality show on you, all of you!''


I want to now make a storyboard and then a animatic to have the ability to visualise my ideas. During this I might change what I hve expressed in this post but I now have ideas to work on.

SCRIPT UPDATE:

After recording the script as a dummy run and playing it to a sample of my target group I got feedback that the speech as a sound was too complicated - at first I didn't entirely understand what they meant but researching further into teaser trailers I realised that alot of them take speech from the original movie and cut it to make the information shorter and easier to digest by the audience. So in theory the full feature film would still include my original script but for the purposes of the teaser trailer the speech is shortened.

I have changed:
Producer: ''I'm making a new reality show.''
Woman: ''OK?''
Producer: ''I want you in it..''

to:
Producer: ''I'm creating a new reality show.''
Woman: ''OK?''
Producer: ''I want you to be a part of it..''

AND

Woman: (screaming) ''This is not what i signed up for!''
Producer: (shouting) ''This is exactly what you signed up for, it's a reality show on you, all of you!''


to:
Woman: (screaming) ''I didn't sign up for this!''
Producer: (shouting) ''It's a show on you, all of you!''

No comments:

Post a Comment