Wednesday 8 February 2012

Magazine Covers - Market Research Feedback

1. 2.

3.

These are the 3 magazine covers I have created after taking the series of photographs for my model that I wanted to possibly use for the final piece. To establish the opinions of my target audience (this time for the magazine and it's brand identity) which is young females interested primarily in film and in fashion and beauty secondary. To do this I uploaded them onto facebook which can be seen below...


I then posted the link to the album of the covers to different people depending on their details - ensuring they were between 18-30 and that they were female. These are some of the comments I received for the covers..


1.
 2.
3.

Cover 1: This cover got the most response from my market research participants. More than a few people said this was their favourite (which can be seen by the sample of comments I have print screened) because they felt it was very dramatic and would stand out as a cover of a magazine. One of the improvements that was fed back to me however was the lighting of the photograph – several people criticised the orange shade believing that this lighting made the cover look cheaper.

Cover 2: The second cover did not get as much positive feedback. People felt that the photograph looked rushed/amateur and that the facial expression looked unusual. However, one positive was the fact some people picked up on the visible studio lights that connotate ‘celebrity and spotlight’.

Cover 3: The third was similar to the first in the positive feedback it received. Again, people felt that it was very dramatic, and liked how vulnerable the girl looked and how she looked almost confused however some people felt that the title of the movie ‘watchREALITYwatch’ was not visible enough and that for a cover magazine for a film the actress being introduced was not visible enough herself.

Conclusion

Weighing up the feedback it is clear that both Cover 1 and Cover 3 have got the most positive feedback however, Cover 3 seemed to be the most popular. Still, there were things people felt needed to be improved about it and so my aim now is to improve them to create my final movie poster suited to my target audiences feedback and what they wanted.

IMPORTANT NOTE: one thing that my market research revealed about all my covers was that people felt the arrangement of my text was misleading in the fact that it seemed backwards, almost as if it was a cover that turned over from the left hand side... I will think about that when improving the cover I have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment