Monday 6 February 2012

Magazine Cover Templates & Feedback

1.  2.

From my prezi in this post on mainstream magazine covers [HERE] you can see that I have annotated the main features that appear. Above are my cover templates using the final 2 titles that my target audience felt were the best. As well as these titles are some features inspired by mainstream magazine covers - like I have written on the prezi the font sizes differ according to importance. This is something I have done with the quote of the actress hinting at what her role entails in the film, this quite being almost as large as the title of the film - this hints at the rest of the interview that would be within the magazine hooking the audience of the cover.

Her name is also featured largely in order to give identity to the woman on the cover creating an immediate sense of familiarity between the audience and the actress which stops people who aren't aware of the actress from being alienated by the magazines audience. As my magazine aims to do, I have borrowed interests such as fashion which also feature in a larger font appealing to my target audience.

My cover stories are in a recurring simple font making it easy to read meaning the cover is accessible to all readers. The font for the film title stays with the theme of the rest of the magazine yet the use of italics is unique to the title itself helping it to stand out and remind any viewers of the title if they have seen it in any other parts of the movie campaign.

CHOOSING COVER

I have chosen to go with the first template and title as I believe that this title suits the brand identity of the magazine much more than CLOSE-UP. Like I have previously said the name is easily misinterpreted as a fashion and beauty magazine and the allusions to vintage move actresses can give the wrong idea to the brand identity also. The overall independent women's movie magazine I aim to create [without the stereotypical look of an overly feminine girls magazine suits far better to the TAKE2 title as it has a direct relation to film and although I previously commented on the negative that it has no female connotations I have now realised that this could work well in promoting the brand identity I have created for my magazine. Still, to the combat this issue I have used the statement of 'Women's Magazine' on the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment