Tuesday 25 October 2011

Post-modernist Film Review



Because I am aiming to create a teaser for a film that questions that expresses ideas of post-modernism I wanted to look at an iconic postmodern director Quentin Tarantino. His film 'Pulp Fiction' is full of references to different eras as well as iconic movies which he has used for inspiration for multiple scenes as well as plot devices. It is therefore a film with typically postmodern conventions.

Freidrich Jameson said, ''Postmodernism is a gratuitous eclecticism cannibalising the styles of the past'' and therefore I want to illustrate how the film does this for my own understanding of Freidrich Jamesons' views.

Because my teaser is for a film that questions postmodern values through the focus of Reality TV, I also wanted to see if I could draw inspiration of how I can use certain clues (such as props, shots etc.) to guide the audience through my teaser or even for my movie poster or magazine cover. I now want to find props, shots and lines that are iconic because of there association with reality TV. I can then look into possibly using these for either my main product or ancillary products.

No comments:

Post a Comment