Tuesday 20 December 2011

Casting My Actress



I had to be careful when choosing my actress as this would determine how people receive the products I am trying to create - this is because the actress I choose is featured in each product and therefore the reception of my actress to my audience is crucial. I narrowed it down to three people:

Melissa: I wanted to use Melissa because I felt she had a statement look with her bright red hair that could work perfectly in making my products stand out. However, she hasn't got any acting experience and did not feel comfortable playing the role I was looking for.

Sabrina: I wanted to use Sabrina as she seemed very comfortable in the idea of playing the role I was looking for however her schedule did not fit and she did not have time to be there when I needed to her.

I finally decided on...

Jessica: Jessica was the perfect choice to be in my teaser trailer, poster and magazine cover. I know of other people who have used her for their media products as well as myself and therefore it is a safe bet that she can do the stuff that I need doing. One thing I tried to look for in each girl is prominent eyes which Jessica has - this is because in my teaser my actress is not actually seen speaking and therefore the eyes need to translate alot of the emotion. Jessica has an almost 'deer in the headlights' look about her which is perfect for the shots I plan to do with her catching onto the fact she's being watched. 

In order to go about casting my actress in the most realistic I have ensured that I have her fill out a model
agreement release form. It is an adult release form so it covers my actress and model Jessica White as an over 18 year old in all my media forms [the magazine cover, poster and teaser trailer]. Below is the form filled out by both me and the model/performer.

No comments:

Post a Comment